The Tire Rack Street Survival School is coming to Salem, VA! This teen safe-driving program is designed to go beyond driver’s education and give teens the hands-on experience and tools they need to become smarter, safer drivers. With teens having an 89.2% chance of being involved in a crash during the first three years of driving, programs like this are incredibly important. Tire Rack Street Survival is unique in that it’s a national, nonprofit program run solely by volunteers who want to help teen drivers become confident and comfortable behind the wheel.
Are you a teen driver interested in participating? Or, maybe you’re the parent of a teen driver and would like them to participate? Either way, we have the details! The program will take place on Sunday, September 8th, 2019 at the Salem Civic Center (1001 Roanoke Blvd, Salem, VA 24153). Registration begins at 7:30 am and the program will conclude at 5:00 pm. For more information and to register, visit: www.streetsurvival.org.
For questions about registration or the event happening in Salem, contact Scott Donaldson at 540-953-2565.
Click here to learn more from one of the driving instructors and a student who has participated in the program at the Salem Civic Center!
- Cost: $95 per student
- Participants use their own car for the program
- Participants must be 15-21 years of age to participate.
- Students must present a photocopy of their license, proof of insurance, and the original signed waiver (if under 18) to participate.
- Students must have an unrestricted driver’s license (i.e. not being held by authorities) or permit. If the driver has a permit, that permit must be held half the time required by the state having jurisdiction, plus a minimum of 25 hours driving experience.
What You Can Expect:
- Trained and qualified in-car driving as well as classroom experience for each student.
- Hands-on educational driving experience in real-world situations, teaching teens car safety and control in their own vehicles.
- Challenging driving situations to include skid control, tailgating, and a 2-wheels off exercise which give students the opportunity to experience abnormal vehicle behavior in a safe and supervised environment.
Pictures from past events at the Salem Civic Center:
Tire Rack Street Survival is a nonprofit program administered by the BMW Car Club of American Foundation and its partners, the BMW Car Club of America, the Sports Car Club of America, the Porsche Club of America, and other automotive and driving enthusiast groups.