With the end of the year near, finding the motivation to persuade others to drive safely can be a struggle. Despite this, it is still important that we push our friends and community to strive for traffic safety. Here are some simple ways your YOVASO club, SADD club, or other prevention group can help:
• Talk with local business to advocate safe driving messages on their store signs
• Put up posters in your school
• Plan activities and games that your school can participate in that puts a fun spin on traffic safety
• Bring in guest speakers to your club meetings that can either educate or inspire
• Do even more seat belt checks throughout the year to help your fellow peers stay reminded
Distracted driving is deadly, especially for teenagers who are tempted by things like Snapchat and texting when driving. Remind your loved ones and friends to put their phones down and drive responsibly. Driving distracted puts your life in danger as well as everyone else on the road.
Submitted by: Madison Hoad, student at Stuarts Draft High School and member of YOVASO’s Youth Advisory Council